When you have lived somewhere a very long time it is easy to get comfortable and overlook the fun just waiting to happen in your own backyard.
Born and raised in Tampa, I know there is plenty of the Tampa Bay area and even Florida that I have yet to experience, so I decided to make a list.
I’ll continue to add to this list and check in on the blog when I finally get around to experiencing my home state! Here it is:
- Big Cat Rescue
- Stand up paddle board
2a. Do yoga on a stand up paddle board
- Go to First Friday in downtown St. Pete
- Picnic Island Park
- Bike the Pinellas Bike Trail
- Run in the Gasparilla half-marathon
- Go to a race at the Tampa Bay Downs
- Kayak Weedon Island Preserve
- Coral Castle
- Caves in Brooksville
- Kennedy Space Center
- Sea World
- Neptune Memorial Reef
- Bok Tower Gardens
- The Ancient Spanish Monastery
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
What do y’all think? Anything I forgot to include? Let me know!