Early in the day I’ve been trying to make a list of things I’m grateful for currently in my life. When I start off my day by making a gratitude list (either written down or just mental) it can change my outlook to my whole day!
Before I had a chance this morning to create my gratitude list I unfortunately got into an argument with a close family member. When something negative happens in our days its even more important to combat the negativity by thinking of something positive- and the more the better!
The more you are in a negative mood the more likely something negative is going to happen. The same thing if something positive is going in your life. For example, I’ve yet to make the list and two women just cut in front of me at Panera. This normally wouldn’t bother me but because I’m already annoyed I started thinking negative thoughts about these women that I don’t know and that’s just bad karma and nobody wants that.
Here’s my list!
Today I am grateful:
- that I got the chance to visit my sister this weekend in Washington, DC. Not only did I have a really fun time going to dinner and drinks with her and her friends but we got we went to a really interesting exhibit at the Artisphere in Arlington that was showing photographs that the Mexican painter, Frida Kahlo took during her lifetime.
- I am also grateful that I had the opportunity to walk around downtown DC all day Friday, while my sister was working, dropping off my resume and introducing myself at different public relations firms- hopefully something will lead to a job opportunity when I graduate.
- I’m grateful for my sweet friend Alli, who watched my cat, Prince Louis, while I was away!
- I’m SO grateful for the people I’ve met through my past internship who have been helping me in my hunt for a job by introducing me to their contacts in different cities that I hope to find work in!
- for my MyPanera card which I was able to get a FREE carrot cupcake this morning!
- that I was able to find a coupon for $20 off my haircut at a really nice salon in Tampa for when I’m home next weekend! (I REALLY need a cut!)
So that was my list today! I’m not feeling 100% back to my normal chipper self but I am feeling better and I’m ready to take on my day!
I hope everyone has a great week!